Top Tips for a Healthy Toddler
- Include a wide variety of colourful fresh fruits and vegetables every day.
- Give different grains other than wheat. For example rice, quinoa, buckwheat, oats, kamut, barley, spelt and amaranth.
- Try to hide foods that are difficult to get them to eat like fish in homemade fish cakes covered in breadcrumbs.
- Always dilute fruit juice with water.
- Make you own popsicles with their favourite diluted fruit juice.
- Give unsulphured dried fruit as sweet snacks.
Strategies for Healthy Eating
- Get one good meal into your toddler every day.
- Encourage snacking every couple of hours. They need about 40kcals per inch of height. They burn calories quickly and need a constant supply of energy.
- Try to make meals and snacks varied. Different textures of foods and colours of fruits and vegetables.
- Invent and re-invent!
- Look at what they had the whole day or week for a better idea of their food intake.
- Essential fatty acids (EFA's) Omega 3 and 6
- Good bacteria – Acidophilus
- B vitamins, Vitamin C and the mineral zinc
The Baby Time Show is the show for all parents-to-be and new families. Products, seminars, fun for the kids and tons of great deals on your favorite Sprout Right products including the very popular Sprout Right book! Stop by for a free consultation and to try some tasty food!
Lianne will be sharing some great ideas for getting your kids to eat more fish and how to cook healthy, nutritious family meals on a budget.