Top Tips for a Healthy Toddler
- Include a wide variety of colourful fresh fruits and vegetables every day.
- Give different grains other than wheat. For example rice, quinoa, buckwheat, oats, kamut, barley, spelt and amaranth.
- Try to hide foods that are difficult to get them to eat like fish in homemade fish cakes covered in breadcrumbs.
- Always dilute fruit juice with water.
- Make you own popsicles with their favourite diluted fruit juice.
- Give unsulphured dried fruit as sweet snacks.
Strategies for Healthy Eating
- Get one good meal into your toddler every day.
- Encourage snacking every couple of hours. They need about 40kcals per inch of height. They burn calories quickly and need a constant supply of energy.
- Try to make meals and snacks varied. Different textures of foods and colours of fruits and vegetables.
- Invent and re-invent!
- Look at what they had the whole day or week for a better idea of their food intake.
- Essential fatty acids (EFA's) Omega 3 and 6
- Good bacteria – Acidophilus
- B vitamins, Vitamin C and the mineral zinc
On SunTV recently, Lianne took on a report that suggested healthy eating costs a significant amount more than unhealthy eating. She suggests ways for living well that doesn't break the grocery budget.
Lianne chats with CKLW Windsor host Arms Bumanlag about how to make healthy holiday food choices for the whole family.
Lianne celebrates Natural Health Products Week on CTV Ottawa with healthy tips, including how to make your own laundry detergent.
Lianne shares green cleaning tips and more on CHCH TV.
Lianne was on CTV Kitchener talking about Natural Health Products Week, taking the guess work out of how to incorporate natural health products into your routine.
How do you keep active kids well nourished when on the go? Lianne shares her top snack ideas on CP24.
Sleep issues can be amongst the most frustrating health problems. If you can't sleep well, take a look at your diet.
Watch how easy it can be to make your own super-probiotic yogurt, kefir, kombucha and sauerkraut.
The Baby Time Show is the show for all parents-to-be and new families. Products, seminars, fun for the kids and tons of great deals on your favorite Sprout Right products including the very popular Sprout Right book! Stop by for a free consultation and to try some tasty food!
Lianne will be sharing some great ideas for getting your kids to eat more fish and how to cook healthy, nutritious family meals on a budget.