Top Tips for a Healthy Toddler
- Include a wide variety of colourful fresh fruits and vegetables every day.
- Give different grains other than wheat. For example rice, quinoa, buckwheat, oats, kamut, barley, spelt and amaranth.
- Try to hide foods that are difficult to get them to eat like fish in homemade fish cakes covered in breadcrumbs.
- Always dilute fruit juice with water.
- Make you own popsicles with their favourite diluted fruit juice.
- Give unsulphured dried fruit as sweet snacks.
Strategies for Healthy Eating
- Get one good meal into your toddler every day.
- Encourage snacking every couple of hours. They need about 40kcals per inch of height. They burn calories quickly and need a constant supply of energy.
- Try to make meals and snacks varied. Different textures of foods and colours of fruits and vegetables.
- Invent and re-invent!
- Look at what they had the whole day or week for a better idea of their food intake.
- Essential fatty acids (EFA's) Omega 3 and 6
- Good bacteria – Acidophilus
- B vitamins, Vitamin C and the mineral zinc
Lianne answers all of your questions about probiotics in this segment on CTV's Canada AM.
Breakfast Television's Live Eye visits with Lianne at the newly opened Children's Discovery Centre in Toronto. Lianne shares healthy breakfast ideas in the space she curated, Eat Street.
Care for your skin through the decades with Lianne's tips for a healthy routine, as well as suggestions for good foods to nourish from the inside out. Lianne chats with Pay Chen about healthy skin.