Top Tips for a Healthy Baby
- Exclusively breast-feed for your baby for six months.
- Introduce solids at six months of age or when they show signs of being ready.
- Use organic food.
- Continue breast-feeding for as long as you are able to (at least 1 year, but age 2 is even better!)
- Wait three days in between introducing new foods to make sure there is no adverse reaction.
- Avoid foods that cause reactions in mom and dad.
Strategies for Healthy Eating
- Give a wide variety of colourful steamed fruit and vegetable purees every day.
- Try to make your own baby food. The taste is better and it may be easier to transition to family foods.
- Add in spices, herbs, onion and garlic to your recipes.
- Make new variations of favourite foods including the not so favourite foods. Try not to get stuck on the same foods.
- Don't be afraid to try foods with your baby that you are not fond of.
- Try to vary grains other than wheat. For example rice, quinoa, buckwheat, oats, kamut, barley, spelt and amaranth.
- Always dilute fruit juice with water.
- Avoid honey and egg whites until age 1.
- Essential fatty acids (EFA's) Omega 3 and 6
- Good bacteria – Acidophilus
- Iron and zinc
The Baby Time Show is the show for all parents-to-be and new families. Products, seminars, fun for the kids and tons of great deals on your favorite Sprout Right products including the very popular Sprout Right book! Stop by for a free consultation and to try some tasty food!
Lianne will be sharing some great ideas for getting your kids to eat more fish and how to cook healthy, nutritious family meals on a budget.